S4 League is a free-to-play sci-fi third person anime shooter and action fighter game for PC. Prepare for rapid rounds in dazzling comic styled graphics that require tactics, team spirit and fast reflexes. There are many game modes available to battle through. Deathmatch, Captain, Touchdown, Chaser, Battle Royal, Arcade, Siege. Altering the camera position can also bring the experience closer to that of a first-person shooter. S4 League was revived by Aeria Games for service in NA and Europe.
In 2050 the powerful regimes of the UN collaborated to create a simulation software that would predict the outcome of wars. The public initially endorsed the Net Sphere project, as it could resolve conflicts without bloodshed. But when hackers subverted the virtual arenas, its credibility plummeted dramatically! A merciless battle began…
– Deathmatch: Deathmatch mode is of team variation, players being divided into two teams: “alpha” and “beta”. From either team’s point of view the opposing team player characters wear red clothes, while nicknames in green text are constantly being displayed next to allied characters.
– Captain: In Captain mode the deathmatch-like game is split into rounds. Players start the round with increased hit-points(500 HP instead of 100 HP) and are termed “captains”. The objective of the round is to eliminate opposing team “captains”, while preserving own team ones. Until the next round starts, a once-killed “captain” respawns as a non-“captain”, with standard hit-points and the ability to detect opposing team “captains”.
– Touchdown: Touchdown mode has the highest number of different maps available. Allusively to american football game process, the two teams in this game mode have to bring a ball (termed “fumbi”) to opposing team “goalpost” to score the points that serve as primary win criterion. The player characters can kill each other, like in deathmatch, and the ball-carrying character drops the ball when killed. Successful “touchdown” finishes a round and awards a TD score point. Start of the new round resets player characters and “fumbi” to respawn at the normally designated locations.
– Chaser: In Chaser mode games, each round a randomly selected player is appointed the role of “chaser”, other players are teamed against that player. “Chaser” player is faster than usual, has distorted vision and increased damage resistance. Both “chaser” and the opposing team can see “target” mark pointing to the non-chaser character with the highest score. The more players participate, the larger time limit is allotted to the round. Currently-“chaser” player is given points for killing the opposing team characters. Killing a “target”-mark shifts the mark to the next survivor and nets additional points. Opposing team players earn points by dealing damage to the “chaser” and by surviving till the end of the round.
– Battle Royal: Battle Royal mode is a non-team, “free-for-all” deathmatch. Killing a player currently in the lead nets additional points. In Battle Royal mode, 5 points are obtained by killing the individual currently in first place whereas 2 points are gained by killing a player who is not in first place. However, any kill assist nets only 1 point no matter if the player on either end of the killing was in first place or not.
– Arcade: Arcade mode is the non-competitive mode. Similarly to instancing, the team of 1 to 4 players is put on the pre-generated time-limited map. Scripted sequences of computer-controlled opponents are spawned. 8 maps are available, comprising a single plot narrated by cutscenes.
– Siege: Siege mode is a team based mode where both teams have to capture 3 points scature around the map. There are currently 3 maps available for this mode. During the gameplay drops will be found across the map the will serve benefits to your character such as bonus pen and also attack increases.