Alteil Horizons is an upcoming free-2-play turn-based tactics game that is card-based. It has the involved deck-building of Magic: the Gathering and plays like Final Fantasy Tactics plus Scrolls. Alteil Horizons is a card game with a battle grid by creators of Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile and involves artists from Zelda & Final Fantasy. The developers used to work on the first Alteil and they took the chance to bring out its full potential when Alteil 1 was shut off, by getting the game’s license and setting it off on their own.
– Cards w/ tactical RPG-style stats, including current HP, MAX HP, attack, defense, agility, range and move
– Grid combat is range-based, NOT lane-based – only distance matters
– Each unit has it’s own Action Menu – you’re in control.
– “Trap card”-like special abilities
– Recover resources from dead units – resource “flow” from the grid and back.
– Learn in single-player quest mode
– ELO rankings
– Duel replays and spectator system
– Core tournament-legal set ensures tight balance at all times.
– Gameplay refined over ten years. First game live since 2005.
– Over 1,000 Cards at launch